Wednesday 17 February 2010

Adult education - Daryl Hall and John Oates

Daryl Hall and John Oates recorded two new tracks for their 1984 compilation album 'Rock 'n' Soul Part 1'. One of the two tracks was 'Adult education'.

When 'Adult education' was released as a single, it had moderate success in most territories: it peaked at number 8 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 63 in the UK singles chart. However, in the Netherlands it was their biggest hit overall, peaking at number 4.

My collection: 7" single no. 1841
Found: Record fair, January 23, 1993
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Adult education' / 'I can't go for that (No can do)'

1 comment:

  1. I have this one on vinyl too! When I was a kid I always thought they were singing "There's life at the high school" instead of "life after high school". I just couldn't imagine anything after high school I guess! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising