Sunday 3 January 2010

You took the words right out of my mouth - Meatloaf

According to his autobiography, Meat Loaf asked Jim Steinman to write a song that wasn't 15 or 20 minutes long, and, in Meat Loaf's words, a 'pop song'. The song was reportedly written in 1975, and a key factor in Meat Loaf and Steinman deciding to do an album together.

The single was released as the follow-up to 'Paradise by the dashboard light', one of the biggest hits of the Seventies. This single did comparatively worse, reaching number 33 in the UK singles chart and number 3 in the Dutch Top 40.

I bought this copy with a picture sleeve because I only had an American copy from 1978 without a picture sleeve. The B-side of that single features a heavily edited version of 'Paradise by the dashboard light'. Or is it the other way around? I can't tell from the single itself.

My collection: 7" single no. 4354
Found: Record mania, Amsterdam, December 30, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'You took the words right out of my mouth' / 'Two out of three ain't bad'

My collection: 7" single no. 317
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'You took the words right out of my mouth' / 'Paradise by the dashboard light'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising