Sunday 31 January 2010

Walking on the moon - The Police

According to Sting, 'Walking on the moon' is about the feeling of being in love. He wrote the song when he: 'was drunk in a hotel room in Munich, slumped on the bed with the whirling pit when this riff came into my head. I got up and starting walking round the room singing: 'Walking round the room, walking round the room'. That was all. In the cool light of morning I remembered what had happened and I wrote the riff down. But 'Walking round the room' was a stupid title so I thought of something even more stupid which was 'Walking on the moon'.'

Released in November 1979, 'Walking on the moon' was a number 1 hit in the UK singles chart, while it also peaked at number 9 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 2 in France.

My collection: 7" single no. 4478
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, January 30, 2010
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Walking on the moon' / 'Visions of the night'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising