Sunday 24 January 2010

It ain't over 'til it's over - Lenny Kravitz

I've always ignored Lenny Kravitz singles in the Nineties, mainly because I felt they were quite repetitive: they seemed to be remakes of his debut hit 'Let love rule'. In later years, I discovered a few songs that I still find worthwhile to own. 'It ain't over 'til it's over' is one of them.

The song was released as the second single from Kravitz's second album 'Mama said' (1991). The horn line at the end of the song is performed by the Phenix Horns from Earth, Wind & Fire. 'That song just came out one day, and I knew it had a classic vibe. And I still love that song very much today', Lenny Kravitz commented in 2000. The title of the song is based on a quote from the Baseball player and manager Yogi Berra.

My collection: 7" single no. 4431
Found: Kringloop, Sassenheim, January 23, 2010
Cost: 0,12 euro
Tracks: 'It ain't over 'til it's over' / 'The difference is why'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising