Sunday 3 January 2010

I'm coming out - Diana Ross

'I'm coming out' is a track on Diana Ross's 1980 album 'Diana', which was produced by Chic members Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers. The lyric of the song focuses on coming into one's own self, that is, asserting oneself to reach self-actualization. These days, however, it has become some sort of gay anthem, as 'coming out' has taken on a different meaning in recent decades.

Released as a single, 'I'm coming out' peaked at number 13 in the UK singles chart and number 23 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 4372
Found: Independent Outlet, Amsterdam, December 30, 2009
Cost: 1,25 euro
Tracks: 'I'm coming out' / 'Never say I don't love you'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising