Thursday 28 January 2010

I can't go for that (No can do) - Daryl Hall and John Oates

Daryl Hall sketched out the basics of 'I can't go for that' one evening at a music studio in New York City in 1981 after a recording session for the album 'Private eyes'. Hall played a bassline on a Korg organ, then came up with a guitar riff - both were recorded by sound engineer Neil Kernon. The duo Hall & Oates took it from there the next day.

The single version of 'I can't go for that' is not an edit of the album verison, but an edit of the dance mix. It was released as a single in early 1982 and reached number 1 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, number 8 in the UK singles chart and number 16 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 195
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1983
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'I can't go for that (No can do)' / 'Unguarded minute'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising