Monday 14 December 2009

I can hear your heart beat - Chris Rea

'Water sign' was released in 1983 as Chris Rea's fifth album. By that time, the record company showed so little interest in anything by him, that they wouldn't even give him the money to record the album professionally. What was actually released is a collection of demo versions, with a few overdubs. Hence the extensive use of electronic drum machines.

'I can hear your heart beat' was released as a single from the album. The single and the album were well received. Most people thought the 'new electronic sound' of Chris Rea was rather good. The single reached number 60 in the UK singles chart and number 28 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 974
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, August 29, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'I can hear your heart beat' / 'From love to love'

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite songs ever. I posted an extended version on my blog earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising