Sunday 20 December 2009

Enter Sandman - Metallica

Hindsight is bliss. If I'd known that Metallica would be so vehemently against a service like Napster later on in their career, I would never have bought any of their records. But I did, and so now I'm stuck with them.

'Enter Sandman' was the first single from Metallica's black album, released in 1991. It was their most commercial album up until them, bringing the hardrock band into the mainstream for the first time. The single reached number 1 in Canada and Norway, but also reached number 5 in the UK singles chart and number 12 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 1514
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, September 7, 1991
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Enter Sandman' / 'Stone cold crazy'

1 comment:

  1. The B side is a great cover version of a Queen album track

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising