Monday 30 November 2009

To miss someone - Feargal Sharkey

'To miss someone' is another single from Feargal Sharkey's 1991 album 'Songs from the mardi gras'. Since I liked the album and especially the near-title track ('After the mardi gras'), I decided to buy all the singles from that album. 'To miss someone', however, is not one of the strongest tracks on the album. The real treat here is the acoustic performance of 'I'll take it back', originally also a track on the album.

The single did not chart in the UK, and the fact that this single is a promotional copy adds some credibility to the assumption that DJ's rather sold off the disc than play it.

My collection: 7" single no. 2339
Found: London, June 26, 1995
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'To miss someone' / 'I'll take it back (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising