Tuesday 24 November 2009

Room service - Fischer Z

I read in an article on Wikipedia that the songs written by Fischer Z's John Watts drew heavily on his experience as a mental health care worker. On the B-side of this single, entitled 'Limbo', he sounds like someone who really should be committed himself - but perhaps that was the intention. I remember I was really fascinated by this track back in 1980, and although I've had it on cd for several years, I was very happy to have found this single which features the track as well.

I was also intrigued by the label of the B-side, by the way: it does not contain any information except the logo of the record label. I suspect this is a mispressing. Since this single was not a hit, I can't imagine it's worth much though.

My collection: 7" single no. 4222
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 21, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Room service' / 'Limbo'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising