Friday 20 November 2009

Jericho - Simply Red

'Jericho' was the fourth single release from Simply Red's debut album 'Picture book'. It didn't change much about the troubled chart history of the band up to that point. Although their debut single 'Money's too tight (to mention)' hit number 13 in the UK singles chart, subsequent singles didn't reach the top 40 anymore. This single, too, stalled at number 53.

Things were different in the Netherlands: their third single 'Holding back the years' had reached number 3 in the Dutch Top 40, and 'Jericho' got to number 17.

My collection: 7" single no. 410
Found: V&D, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Jericho' / 'Jericho the musical'

1 comment:

  1. For years and years now I have been trying to get hold of this single on an mp3 or CD. I don't think it has EVER been given an official release on CD, which is so frustrating because I think the single version is much better than the album version. In fact, this blog is the first time I have even heard this version for years! :) I am not able to save the mp3, if you were willing to e-mail it to me I would be eternally grateful :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising