Saturday 28 November 2009

Down, down - Status Quo

I've often said that one of the most appropriate songs for my funeral would be 'Down down' by Status Quo. And then I discovered I didn't actually have the song. Now that I've heard it, I still think it would be a great soundtrack to those final moments.

'Down down' was first released in November 1974. The track was taken from the album 'On the level'. The album version is more than 5 minutes long whereas the single version was edited to almost 4 minutes. The single was a number 1 hit in the UK, while peaking at number 2 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 4294
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 21, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Down down' / 'Night ride'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising