Friday 20 November 2009

Don't look back - The Korgis

In 1982, the Korgis turned to legendary producer Trevor Horn for their single 'Don't look back'. It remains one of the most monumental ballads in their catalogue, with grand instrumentation and a great mournful lyric.

It's a mystery to me why this single didn't meet any commercial success. When everything Horn touches turns into gold, this one remains one of the hidden gems of his body of work.

My collection: 7" single no. 740
Found: All that music, Leiden, February 9, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Don't look back' / 'Xenophobia'

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely song , thanks for the listen .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love looking at your blog. It is interesting to read what you say about each song, and the fact that you post the b side is awesome!! Great job, and I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed the blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising