Monday 26 October 2009

Desire - U2

I think this single is definite proof that I'm a sucker for special editions. The song 'Desire' was never really my cup of tea, but the gatefold sleeve was so nice, that in the end I still bought this single. I was very disappointed with U2 at this time, since they'd made such great singles before, and they were going down a very 'American-sounding' road with the album 'Rattle & Hum'. And everyone knows that British music always sounds better.

The single reached number 1 in the UK singles chart, number 2 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 3 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 1167
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1988
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Desire' / 'Hallelujah here she comes'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising