Thursday 15 October 2009

Big yellow taxi - Amy Grant

Joni Mitchell originally wrote 'Big yellow taxi'. She commented about the song: 'I wrote 'Big yellow taxi' on my first trip to Hawaii. I took a taxi to the hotel and when I woke up the next morning, I threw back the curtains and saw these beautiful green mountains in the distance. Then, I looked down and there was a parking lot as far as the eye could see, and it broke my heart... this blight on paradise. That's when I sat down and wrote the song'.

Amy Grant recorded her version of this song in 1994 for her album 'House of love'. In my opinion, it's the best version of the song. It reached number 20 in the UK singles chart and number 67 in the US Billboard Hot 100.

My collection: 7" single no. 2335
Found: HMV, Lonodn, June 26, 1995
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Big yellow taxi' / 'House of love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising