Sunday 6 September 2009

Too late for goodbyes - Julian Lennon

Purists will probably hate me for writing this, but I think this is what John Lennon might have sounded like if he'd still lived in the Eighties. I remember being thrown when I first heard this song. Julian Lennon, the son of John Lennon and his first wife Cynthia, debuted in 1984 with the album 'Valotte', with 'Too late for goodbyes' being his debut single. The harmonica in this song was played by Jean 'Toots' Thielemans.

The single peaked at number 6 in the US Billboard Hot 100 and the UK singles chart, reaching number 10 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 1679
Found: Parkpop, Den Haag, June 28, 1992
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Too late for goodbyes' / 'Well I don't know'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising