Saturday 26 September 2009

The shuttered palace - Ellen Foley

Some time ago, I had a reaction on one of my posts by Karla Devito. It really surprised me in a way that even the most logical things can surprise a person. Of course, celebrities are mere mortals too, but it is kindof weird that they log in to your blog and read it. Since she mentioned she loved Ellen Foley, this one's for her. And for me too, since I've searched for this single for some time.

'The shuttered palace' is a track from Foley's 1981 album 'Spirit of St. Louis'. It was written by Mick Jones and Joe Strummer from the Clash. It did not chart in Europe as far as I know, and in the UK only the album managed to reach number 57 in the UK albums chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4075
Found: Marktplaats.nl, received September 25, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'The shuttered palace' / 'Beautiful waste of time'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising