Sunday 6 September 2009

The scientist - Coldplay

I still remember vividly how I entered an HMV store in Liverpool on the last day of a holiday in the UK in December 2002 and heard this song. I was immediately impressed and bought the cd-single right away. In those days, I'd almost given up on the 7" vinyl format. Luckily, I have reconsidered and that's why I ended up buying this 7" single late last year.

Chris Martin commented about 'The scientist': 'That's just about girls. It's weird that whatever else is on your mind, whether it's the downfall of global economics or terrible environmental troubles, the thing that always gets you most is when you fancy someone.' The inside cover of the band's accompanying album 'A rush of blood to the head' states: 'The scientist is Dan'. 'Dan' refers to Dan Keeling, the A&R man who signed the band to Parlophone.

My collection: 7" single no. 3500
Found: eBay.co.uk, received December 23, 2008
Cost: 3 pounds
Tracks: 'The scientist' / '1.36', 'I ran away'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising