Thursday 3 September 2009

Nothing in my way - Keane

When I listened to 'Under the iron sea', Keane's second album, for the first time, 'Nothing in my way' was one of the first songs to jump out of this new batch of songs. It was only right when this song was released as a single. Tim Rice-Oxley, who wrote the song, explains: 'The song's actually written about some people I know who are married, and their marriage was essentially just bringing a lot of misery to both of them, but for some reason they just refused to acknowledge it. I hate the idea of people being so much in denial that they're prepared to almost let their lives fall apart rather than acknowledge what's going on.'

The single became a modest hit, peaking at number 19 in the UK singles chart and number 20 in the Dutch Top 40. This 7" single is a numbered limited edition; this is number 2278.

My collection: 7" single no. 3575
Found: eBay.co.uk, received February 2, 2009
Cost: 3 pounds
Tracks: 'Nothing in my way' / 'Thin air'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising