Tuesday 15 September 2009

Never turn your back on mother earth - Sparks

As I was a fan of the Sparks back in 1974, I must have heard this song a few times back then. As I was only four years old at the time, I cannot remember that at all. So the first time I can actually recall hearing this song was in 1989, on Martin Gore's 'Counterfeit EP', an EP of six cover versions as performed by the Depeche Mode band member.

Since I really love that version, I got curious about the original. And so I bought this single the first time I saw it - which was yesterday. The single reached number 13 in the UK singles chart, but did not chart in the Netherlands.

My collection: 7" single no. 4030
Found: Vinylfabriek, Haaksbergen, September 14, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Never turn your back on mother earth' / 'Alabamy right'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising