Friday 18 September 2009

I love your smile - Shanice

'I love your smile' was released as the first single from Shanice Wilson's 1992 album 'Inner child'. The song features a saxophone solo by Branford Marsalis. Shanice actually says 'Blow, Branford, Blow' during the solo. Janet Jackson and René Elizondo can be heard laughing at the end of the song.

The single reached number 2 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and the UK singles chart, whereas in the Dutch Top 40, it reached number 1. It is the most successful hit of Shanice's career.

My collection: 7" single no. 1555
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, December 7, 1991
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I love your smile (radio version)' / 'I love your smile (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising