Saturday 5 September 2009

Every heartbeat - Amy Grant

I can't help it, but I am still suspicious when I listen to any song by Amy Grant. Since she started out as a Christian music performer, I'm always afraid she is secretly trying to brainwash the listener (in this case, me) and getting them to convert to the Christian faith. Take the lyric of 'Every heartbeat' for instance: 'No exception to this rule / I’m simple but I’m no fool / I’ve got a witness happy to say / Every hour, every day'. A witness? What witness? You don't mean God, do you? 'Every heartbeat bears your name / Loud and clear they stake my claim / My red blood runs true blue / And every heartbeat belongs to you'. There she goes again... She's talking about God, isn't she?

Well, maybe I'm paranoid and it's really just a nice little lovesong. That's what I prefer to believe anyway. The single peaked at number 25 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 2179
Found: House of Rhythm, London, September 27, 1994
Cost: 20p
Tracks: 'Every heartbeat (7" Heart and soul mix)' / 'Every heartbeat (7" Body and soul mix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising