Thursday 6 August 2009

You might need somebody - Randy Crawford

So I'm going to do something I've never done on this blog before: a series of postings. A chronological listing of all that I've bought in London during my one day shopping spree - a series of posts that will take me a few days actually.

I came into London by plane, taking the train from Gatwick to Victoria and then went to Ealing Broadway to check out the Oxfam music shop. It was a disappointment: they only had some second hand cd's and lp's, no singles at all. So I went back. My first successful visit was in Notting Hill Gate, in the 'Soul and Dance Exchange'. I never went there before but they had a nice amount of singles there. My first catch: 'You might need somebody' by Randy Crawford, a hit for her 1981, peaking at number 11 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 3923
Found: Record Exchange, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'You might need somebody' / 'You bring the sun out'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising