Sunday 23 August 2009

The woman in me - Donna Summer

'The woman in me' was the third and final single from Donna Summer's self-titled 1982 album. It was a ballad produced by Quincy Jones, following after the worldwide hit 'State of independence'. While on that song Michael Jackson sang backing vocals, here the background vocals are performed by James Ingram. The single stalled at number 62 in the UK singles chart but reached number 7 in the Dutch Top 40.

I've got two copies of the single: one Belgian pressing (pictured above) and one German pressing. When I bought the German one, I didn't recognise the sleeve so I thought I didn't have the song. I've no idea when I bought the German single, because when I already have a single it doesn't get into my administration...

My collection: 7" single no. 2594
Found: Grammofoonwinkel, Utrecht, December 30, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'The woman in me' / 'Livin' in America'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising