Sunday 2 August 2009

When am I going to make a living - Sade

I might never have become a fan of Sade's music if it wasn't for this single. I thought her debut 'Your love is king' was pretty boring, and initially I didn't like this song either when it showed up on music video TV channels. But the chorus grabbed me one day, and I found myself buying the single not long after that. It went on from there: 'Smooth operator' was kindof interesting (although I very much preferred the 12" and extended video version) and by the time 'Hang on to your love' was released, I was looking for the album.

This single reached number 12 in the Netherlands and number 36 in the UK singles chart. I'm relieved to hear that Sade is about to release a new album later this year. Well, knowing how quickly the band works, it could also be 2010.

My collection: 7" single no. 243
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1984
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'When am I going to make a living' / 'Should I love you'

1 comment:

  1. Marcel, I love the Sade posts! And you are right, she def is working on a new CD! Steve

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising