Sunday 2 August 2009

That girl - Stevie Wonder

I depend on my photographic memory when it comes to buying records for my collection. This doesn't always work, as is demonstrated with this single. I bought the German pressing of 'That girl' (pictured above) back in 1989. A decade later, I found the UK version of that same title (pictured below), but because the sleeve was so different, I didn't recognise it and bought it again (I didn't register where and when, so that data is missing below). The French version has a different sleeve, so I'll have to watch out that I won't buy that one too in the future.

The 1982 release 'That girl' was the lead single from Stevie Wonder's Greatest Hits compilation, 'Original Musiquarium' as one of four new songs from the collection. The single reached number 4 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 39 on the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 797
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, April 15, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'That girl' / 'All I do'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising