Thursday 13 August 2009

Secret land - Sandra

When I was introduced by a friend to the music of Sandra (he kept nagging me to listen to it until I finally gave in), he gave me the cd of 'Into a secret land'. It was the title track that grabbed my attention, and it is probably the track you can single out as the creative peak of Sandra and Michael Cretu. A great synth hook, an interesting lyric and a nice, glossy Eighties production.

The song is an adaptation of a Hubert Kemmler-produced song called 'Trenchcoat man', released as a single by an unknown German band named Fabrique in 1987. 'Secret land' reached number 1 in Israel, peaking at number 7 in Germany and number 9 in Switzerland.

My collection: 7" single no. 2094
Found: Record fair, April 16, 1994
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Secret land' / 'Into nobody's land'

1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite Sandra's song, beautiful music!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising