Friday 7 August 2009

Love's strange ways - Chris Rea

Back in 1999, I used a listing of Chris Rea's hit singles and my own 7" singles to compile a 'greatest hits' double cd of my own. With the aid of cd's from the public library, I had a chance to make something really complete, unlike commercial compilations. Listening to the 2 discs after I made them, I concluded that Rea has made some great music since his debut in 1978. But because this wasn't a hit, I missed 'Love's strange ways'.

The single was taken from Chris Rea's 1983 album 'Water sign', from which 'I can hear your heart beat' was taken. This single is a great track - and I only discovered it now.

My collection: 7" single no. 3939
Found: Record Exchange, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 10p
Tracks: 'Love's strange ways' / 'Smile'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising