Monday 3 August 2009

Love comes quickly - Pet Shop Boys

'Love comes quickly' was released as the third single from the Pet Shop Boys' debut album 'Please'. Although it was a top 20 hit in the UK, its chart performance was disappointing, given that it followed the worldwide number one, 'West end girls'. The song is about the inevitability of falling in love, even for those who deliberately shun the idea.

The B-side, 'That's my impression' was written in a basement in Camden Town (London) where the duo wrote all their early songs. Neil Tennant commented: 'When we'd written the music, I took the words of a song I'd written in the Seventies and just changed them to fit the tune. Rather enigmatic words.'

My collection: 7" single no. 420
Found: V&D, Den Haag, June 28, 1986
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Love comes quickly' / 'That's my impression'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising