Tuesday 11 August 2009

John the revelator / Lilian - Depeche Mode

The last of three Depeche Mode singles, and indeed the last single I bought in London on August 5. 'John the revelator' and 'Lilian' were two tracks from the band's 2005 album 'Playing the angel', released as a double A-side. On the 7" there were two remixes not available on any other (commercial) format. It was the first double A-side from Depeche Mode since 1984's 'Blasphemous Rumours/Somebody'.

The single became another number 1 hit for the band in Denmark, reaching number 18 in the UK singles chart. This picture disc 7" single is a numbered limited edition; this is number 2162.

This concludes my chronological listing of every single I bought in London on August 5. I hope you enjoyed looking in my heavy bag - without you having to carry it back to the airport and back home!

My collection: 7" single no. 3991
Found: Sister Ray, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 6 pounds
Tracks: 'John the revelator (UNKLE dub)' / 'Lilian (Robag Wruhme slomoschen kikker)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising