Saturday 22 August 2009

It's a sin - Pet Shop Boys

In the summer of 1987, MTV Europe started broadcasting. I was there when it happened and I think I saw about 70% of everything they broadcasted during the first few weeks. I quickly concluded that MTV wasn't going to make me happy: they had a very limited stock of music videos and they kept playing the same titles over and over again. I think I saw the video for 'It's a sin' eight times every single day.

Which is why to this day I'm a bit bored by this song. It is a good track, I simply heard it too damn much. The single was a massive hit, topping the charts in Austria, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. In the UK, the single peaked at number 3.

My collection: 7" single no. 551
Found: Tower Records, London, 1987
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'It's a sin' / 'You know where you went wrong'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising