Saturday 15 August 2009

I feel love - Bronski Beat and Marc Almond

Entitled 'I feel love', this is actually a medley of three songs: 'Love to love you' and 'I feel love', originally by Donna Summer and 'Johnnie remember me', originally by Johnny Leyton. Bronski Beat invited Marc Almond to sing on their track. Although the original had been one of Marc Almond's all-time favourite songs, he had never read the lyrics and thus incorrectly sang 'What'll it be, what'll it be, you and me' instead of 'Falling free, falling free, falling free'.

The single was a success, peaking at number 3 in the UK singles chart and number 17 in the Dutch Top 40. The music video was a decidedly camp affair.

My collection: 7" single no. 2245
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, February 23, 1995
Cost: 1 guilders
Tracks: 'I feel love' / 'Puit d'amour'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising