Saturday 29 August 2009

Good for me - Amy Grant

I happen to have both the cd-single and this 7" single of Amy Grant's 'Good for me'. The B-side of this 7" single is not included on the cd-single, which makes it a nice item. 'Good for me' was released as the sixth single from Grant's 1991 album 'Heart in motion'. It reached number 8 in the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 60 in the UK singles chart.

There exist two music videos for this single. In the original music video, Amy Grant frolicks and dances with another female, who was meant to be portrayed as a childhood friend of Grant's. However, once the video was completed, Grant felt that her intended message was lost and that the video looked as though she and her friend were lovers. And so a new version was shot with a male model. Good old Christian values... (!)

My collection: 7" single no. 2787
Found: November 2, 1996
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Good for me (7" Good for you mix)' / 'Good for me (7" You like to dance mix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising