Tuesday 11 August 2009

Forever autumn - Justin Hayward

Unlike 'The eve of the war', this second single taken from Jeff Wayne's musical version of 'War of the worlds' did not come with a beautiful picture label. Still, this is the way the single was released in the UK, and I thought it would be a nice addition to my collection. Unfortunately, this particular copy proved to be pressed on pretty bad quality vinyl. I saw some spots in the shop, but I assumed it was dirt which I could wipe from the record. But it's actually engrained in the vinyl itself! Well, kindof another collector's item, I guess.

'Forever autumn' was a huge hit for Justin Hayward, peaking at number 5 in the UK singles chart and number 22 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 3986
Found: Sister Ray, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Forever autumn' / 'The fighting machine'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising