Thursday 6 August 2009

Beethoven - Eurythmics

One of the strangest singles in their career, the Eurythmics released 'Beethoven' in October 1987. It is a bizarre track with plenty of samples and drum loops and a lot of spoken word text by Annie Lennox. The lyric portrays a battle between voices in the head of a housewife suffering from mental disorders.

I didn't like the song when it was released and I'm still not sure whether I like it now. But in a record collection that's growing ever more 'complete', I decided I wanted to have every Eurythmics single, even the 'lesser' ones.

My collection: 7" single no. 3930
Found: Record Exchange, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 30p
Tracks: 'Beethoven' / 'Heaven'

2 comments:

  1. I love this song and the video is one of my favorites. The rest of the album is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beethoven is CLASSIC Eurythmics.. and in no way...'lesser'. Probably the best single they ever released.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising