Wednesday 22 July 2009

Total eclipse of the heart - Bonnie Tyler

'Total eclipse of the heart' is one of those singles I thought I had for years, and then one day I discovered I didn't have it. It still didn't get to the top of my want list, because it's also one of those songs that have been played to death on radio and television in the mid-Eighties, the time when I was actually hooked on those media.

The song remains Bonnie Tyler's most successful song, peaking at number 1 in the United States, Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. In the Netherlands, surprisingly, it didn't do so well, peaking at number 24 in the Dutch Top 40. It's still a radio favourite these days.

My collection: 7" single no. 3893
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, July 20, 2009
Cost: 0,25 euro
Tracks: 'Total eclipse of the heart' / 'Take me back'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising