Sunday 12 July 2009

I quit - Bros

I never understand the Bros-mania that took the UK by storm in 1987. They weren't so special, these two brothers Matt and Luke Goss and one friend, Craig Logan. Their debut album 'Push' was released in early 1988 and the record company milked it for all its worth, releasing single after single because the young people who were so wild about them would just about buy anything anyway.

I bought 'I quit' after it ended up in the discount bin after a relatively disappointing chart run in the Netherlands, reaching only number 33. The nice thing about this single was the extra inner sleeve.

My collection: 7" single no. 704
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, December 17, 1988
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'I quit' / 'I quit (Acid drops)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising