Saturday 25 July 2009

House of Salome - Kim Wilde

I knew nothing about this single when I bought it. I had the album 'Catch as catch can', which it was taken from, but I didn't know it was released, and for some time I wondered why. As it turns out, 'House of Salome' was released as a single by RAK Records shortly before Kim's contract with them expired. Hence, she did not do any promotion for it, there was no music video, and the single sunk without a trace.

I found my copy in early 1985, a year after its release. It's one of the standout tracks from Kim's 1983 album, and the sleeve is a gem too; a stunning photograph that has never been used before or since.

My collection: 7" single no. 284
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'House of Salome' / 'Sing it out for love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising