Monday 20 July 2009

The eve of the war - Jeff Wayne

I've made an earlier posting on Jeff Wayne's 'The eve of the war', but I'm so enthusiastic about today's purchase I simply have to do it once again. I went to a record shop in Rotterdam, where they had a few hundred singles for only 0,25 euro a piece. The last time I was there - a few years ago - it was a mess, and in a way it still was. But going through these singles I found 30 titles I wanted to have, and so I still did a great purchase there.

Now this single is a near-mint copy of the original UK release of 'The eve of the war'. Housed in a standard CBS sleeve, the real interesting thing is the picture label on this one. I don't know what these things are going for in the UK, but I bet they are way expensive in the record fairs and collector's vaults these days. And here I am... paying only 25 eurocents for this beauty.

My collection: 7" single no. 3894
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, July 20, 2009
Cost: 0,25 euro
Tracks: 'The eve of the war' / 'The red weed'


1 comment:

  1. I wonder this one is so special. I bought my copy of this version in a 'normal' record shop. I allways thought this was the ordinary one, while the one with the picture sleeve was de special one.
    But if you say so... im a richer man :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising