Tuesday 16 June 2009

What kind of fool - All about Eve

'What kind of fool' was the last single to be released from All about Eve's self-titled debut album. It was a new version of the track, backed with a version of 'Gold and silver', a track that would reappear on All about Eve's second album 'Scarlet and other stories', released a year later. The single did worse in the UK singles chart than 'Martha's harbour', peaking at number 29.

I bought this single while on holiday in London. I wasn't aware of its release, so it was a happy find. I was very impressed with the beautiful sleeve, but only became a real All about Eve fan when I bought the new single that same week... It was 'Road to your soul'.

My collection: 7" single no. 1004
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 19, 1989
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'What kind of fool' / 'Gold and silver'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising