Friday 26 June 2009

Thriller - Michael Jackson

Somehow I couldn't imagine Michael Jackson playing 50 dates in London this year, but the way it doesn't come to pass is even more bizarre than I could ever have imagined. 'Where were you when you heard Michael Jackson died?'. Well, I saw the first reports coming in late last night and as the first rumour of his death appeared on the internet I went to sleep. The next morning I got up in the knowledge that he was probably dead. And the news only confirmed my expectation. It's a sad day.

Michael Jackson leaves behind an unequalled musical legacy. By themselves the songs aren't that extraordinary, but the whole catalogue of his hits is quite amazing. 'Thriller' is probably the song that confirmed his status as a superstar in 1984. With the guest voice of Vincent Price and the amazing music video, this is the one single that I chose to represent Jackson's amazing career.

My collection: 7" single no. 3758
Found: Empire Records, Den Haag, May 27, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Thriller (special edit)' / 'Things I do for you (live)' (The Jacksons)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising