Saturday 6 June 2009

The only way out - Cliff Richard

I was still defining my own taste circa 1982. Having struck a deal with my sister to buy as much different singles from one another, I was almost forced to find songs that I liked and she didn't. That way, I found out that Cliff Richard's 'The only way out' was a song I liked a little, while she hated it. So I went out and bought the single pretty quickly. I even played it a few times, but after 1982, it was all over for Cliff. I've had this single for the majority of my life, but now is the first time in 25 years I've played it again...

Chart-wise, this single was a success. It reached number 10 in the UK and Ireland and got to number 13 in the Netherlands.

My collection: 7" single no. 134
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 6 guilders
Track: 'The only way out' / 'Under the influence'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising