Saturday 27 June 2009

The hardest part - Coldplay

While their previous single 'Talk' was a sort of tribute to the German band Kraftwerk, 'The hardest part' was intended to acknowledge the band R.E.M. When asked why, band leader Chris Martin explained: 'I've lost all respect for fame, but I haven't lost all respect for respect. So the one great thing about being famous is that I get to meet people who I respect. Our relationship is akin to a dog and its master. I'll always look up to (Michael Stipe, band leader of R.E.M.).'

While the single did not chart in the UK, it did peak at number 25 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 3497
Found: eBay.co.uk, received December 23, 2008
Cost: 3 pounds
Tracks: 'The hardest part' / 'Pour me (live at the Hollywood Bowl)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising