Friday 12 June 2009

Elettrochoc - Matia Bazar

Taken from their 1983 album 'Tango', 'Elettrochoc' is probably the most frantic track of Matia Bazar's lengthy career. The operatic vocals of singer Antonella Ruggiero are supported by a high energy synth backing. I was very impressed when I heard this single for the first time, and even to this day it never fails to excite me.

For some time in the Eighties I had a hobby creating remixes out of existing recordings by bands. This single lent itself to this purpose excellently: the instrumental version on the B-side is rather different from the vocal version on the A-side.

My collection: 7" single no. 496
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Elettrochoc' / 'Elettrochoc (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising