Thursday 25 June 2009

Catch me - Marsha Raven

Marsha Raven recorded 'Catch me' in 1983. It was originally released as a simple dance song but it didn't hit the charts. It was remixed in 1984. This version featured a recording of London's Big Ben. In this version, the track became a hit in the Netherlands, peaking at number 4. It is quite remarkable that this single did not chart in the UK.

My collection: 7" single no. 1286
Found: All that music, Leiden, August 31, 1990
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Catch me' / 'Catch me (instrumental)'

1 comment:

  1. Hi - the instrumental 'b' side was nicked in the mid-eighties by a German singer who turned it into a song called Abu Dhabi Sunshine. It was very popular in the UAE for about a year then it disappeared.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising