Saturday 9 May 2009

U.O. Me - Luv'

Reportedly inspired by Raffaella Carra's 'A far l'amore comincia tu', 'U.O. me' was the third single release by the Dutch girl group Luv', released in early 1978. The single reversed their fortunes in a dramatic way: second single 'Dream dream' did not chart, after debut single 'My man' had been a top 20 hit in the Netherlands. 'U.O. me' peaked at number 3 in the Netherlands, but also provided them with an international breakthrough hit.

German Schlager singer Peter Petrel recorded a German cover version entitled 'Wer hat hier denn wohl wen verführt' later on in 1978.

My collection: 7" single no. 3688
Found: Empire Records, May 5, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'U.O. me' / 'Hang on'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising