Wednesday 20 May 2009

Shades - Iggy Pop

Black, also known as Colin Vearncombe, recorded a cover version of 'Shades' in 1991 as the B-side of his single 'Here it comes again'. I loved the track, loved the melody and the sheer power of the song. When I found out it was a cover of an Iggy Pop song, I started getting curious about the original version as well. So when I stumbled across this single, I couldn't resist buying it.

The original version is a bit rawer, less polished than the Black version. The song, written by Iggy Pop and David Bowie, was not a hit. It was taken from Iggy's 1986 album 'Blah blah blah'.

My collection: 7" single no. 2545
Found: Record Exchange, London, November 1, 1995
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Shades' / 'Baby it can't fall'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising