Tuesday 26 May 2009

I've been losing you - A-ha

'I've been losing you' was released as the first single from A-ha's second album 'Scoundrel days' (1986). It featured a slightly rawer sound than the happy bright pop of the previous album. In Norway, the single went to the top of the charts, whereas in Sweden, Italy and the Netherlands it reached number 11. In the UK, it did slightly better, reaching number 8.

The B-side, 'This alone is love' was derived from a song by Pal Waaktaar and Magne Furuholmen's previous band Bridges. The version on this single is rawer and, in my opinion, better than the version that appeared on A-ha's next album 'Stay on these roads' (1988).

My collection: 7" single no. 481
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I've been losing you' / 'This alone is love'

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know this version of 'This alone is love'. Yes I'm a real A-ha fan :-) I'm not convinced this is the better version. For the abrupt changes and the bad ending, makes is cheapy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising