Tuesday 26 May 2009

Forest fire - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions

The second single by Lloyd Cole & the Commotions was released in a limited edition gatefold sleeve. The record shop where I bought my singles was importing singles from the UK, so I was lucky enough to score a copy. I wonder if I would have bought this single if it didn't come in a limited edition: I was always very choosy about which single to buy and this cannot have been at the top of my list.

Still, 'Forest fire' is one of the band's stronger tracks, even if that didn't reflect in the Dutch chart position (it did not chart). In the UK, it stalled at number 41, which was a disappointment in comparison to their debut single 'Perfect skin'.

My collection: 7" single no. 241
Found: LP Top 100, Den Haag, 1984
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Forest fire' / 'Andy's babies'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising