Friday 22 May 2009

Dancing with tears in my eyes - Ultravox

More than anything else, I've always considered 'Dancing with tears in my eyes' a soundtrack to the music video Ultravox made in 1984. I can't imagine the music without that video anymore. I thought bringing down the enormous theme of a nuclear holocaust to the story of one man and woman was incredibly moving.

'Dancing with tears in my eyes' was the second single from 'Lament', Ultravox's seventh studio album, released in 1984. The single effectively put Ultravox back on the map, peaking at number 3 in the UK single charts, and reaching the top 10 in many European countries. In the Netherlands, it peaked at number 6.

I bought the single as soon as it came out. It was the German pressing with tour dates on the front cover (pictured above). A few years later I found a UK limited edition of the single with a booklet sleeve, pressed on clear vinyl (pictured below).

My collection: 7" single no. 235
Found: LP Top 100, Den Haag, 1984
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Dancing with tears in my eyes' / 'Building'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising